Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Milestones are arriving!...




And so it begins, a new year and a new wave of toys to feed our appetites. While anticipating the arrival of the "Droids", I...



couldn't help but breath new life into my iPhone, in the form of an Android-wannabe. Sliding that unlock bar and the phone going "dddrrrrroid" turns me on,


By far, my favorite theme toppling down my Windows7 theme (oooops). The Android is gaining foothold this year with the prime release of Nexus One by head honcho Google. Congrats Google, you just secured a cool naming convention for the next 500 years, I can't wait for Google Nexus Ninety-Nine.

We won't get a localised version not too soon, or maybe never, but here's what I know so far,

- ARM Cortex A8 processor (yeah, iPhone's brain)
- Android 2.0 (and upgradable to 2.1)
- Fully unlocked
- Quad band GSM which will work with every 2G network in Australia
- HSDPA 2100/900 (all 3G network except Telstra's NextG)
- Multi touch (yesssss, not the handicapped Verizon version, Apple's got US by the balls :/)

Prices and review up next week.

For the android fanboys, let's hope for some funky open source apps this year.
Back to my dPhone 3G... (yeahhh Steve, I have cool naming skills too)

No comments:

Post a Comment