Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Geopinion - The Apple iPad




So following on a rather weak launch of the new Apple iPad on 27th Jan, one must be wondering if all that hype and marketing will soon pay off. To elaborate how I feel about new devices trying to break into an infant market I must explore on the past again.



I remember the very first time when people started talking about the iPhone and questions like "why do we need such an expensive toy". It wasn't a question of needing the iPhone, it was the marketing expertise of Steve and his Apple gang to make you want it.

There was always something that tickled our minds before reaching to the "I want" factor. And I recalled clearly how the first time the lightsaber app came about for the iphone and I went "whoa, never knew a mobile could do that!". From needing something to make calls, I suddenly felt like I want something that does fun things and making calls as well.


Besides a failure on Apple's naming expertise and tapping into an unknown market, Steve should hope and pray for some killer apps soon that will bring back the "wow" factor for each of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment